(561) 540-5942

Logo 'Electrical Contractor in West Palm Beach.'

Panel Upgrades

Panel Upgrades

Upgrading your electrical panels could be more important than you may know if your home was built between the mid 50s and late 80s. The National Electrical Code currently bans the Federal Pacific Electrical Panels that were installed in homes during that time. This means it is illegal to install this system in new homes or businesses.  However, you could still have one in your home that was installed many years ago.

Many insurance companies will not insure a home with a Federal Pacific Electric (FPE) circuit breaker panel with Stab-Lok circuit breakers. In addition, a home with an FPE box can be difficult to sell without replacing the breaker panel.

If you determine you have an FPE panel, we urge you to contact us at the office (561) 540-5942 or email to schedule a free estimate.

Panel upgrades

Is Your Electric Panel Safe?

If you have a Federal Pacific Electric Stab-Lok panel (aka FPE) installed in your home OR business, PLEASE READ this:

FPEs were installed during the mid 50s well into the 1980s.  Unfortunately, at the detriment to others, over time these panels proved faulty because of defective circuit breakers that created a substantial risk of fires.

These problems mean that when a surge or other power issue occurs, such as short circuits, the breaker does NOT trip properly.  This can result in wires overheating potentially creating a fire hazard.

FPE panel breaker malfunctions are potentially the cause of an estimated 2,800 fires each year.  As a result, electrical companies recommend that homeowners replace FPE panels with new, up to date circuit breakers.


What Our Clients Say

Our customers can’t be wrong. Take a look at all of our work and testimonials.


If you don’t see your question, feel free to reach out to us so we can better assist you.

  • the first indication is an “FPE” label on the front of the panel
  • examine breakers handles, they are painted RED
  • look for the work Stab-Lok written on the panel face or on the label inside of the cover

Warning signs that you have a faulty FPE panel include burn or scorch marks on the panel box or loose breakers switches.

The total cost of upgrading your home’s electrical panels will vary depending on a number of factors. Visit our Contact page to get in touch and receive a free estimate. 

Electrical work can be highly dangerous and should only be performed by a licensed electrician. If your electrical panels are in need of upgrading, or if you aren’t sure, contact us for a free estimate.

Get in touch

Call Us Anytime And We Will Send An AV2E Technician To Fix Your Problem.​

“We aim to create unmatched positive relationships with our valued customers and help them with any of your electrical problem.”